Mallory 3rd April. Vroom, Vroom,Ouch!

Everything else Eleven related
erictharg

Mallory 3rd April. Vroom, Vroom,Ouch!

Post by erictharg »

A bit of a good news, bad news story this one.
Good news is that the car ran well, with no problems. Bad news is that my driving needs to adapt to having that bit more go so it's not as smooth and tidy as it was. Managed 1.5 secs faster a lap tham last time
Good news is that I had a real race for a few laps in the first race. Even managed to overtake a Crossle going into the Esses. He was quicker on the straights; I could catch him on the corners and braking. Bad news is that I nearly spun in the hairpin so he overtook me.
Good news: One lap to go and catching him again - right on his tail through Gerrards. If I can just repeat my dive up the inside into the Esses again...Bad news: Not this time. Both going somewhat faster than last lap I think and I slide sideways into him. Bang.
Good news: we both stay on the track to finish the race. Bad news: we've both taken damage. I caught his rear wheel with my bodywork and it shoved the ally "sill" in and split the end of the scuttle. Lots of wheel / tyre marks. Worse for him alas. Bent his wheel and lower wishbone, so he's out for the second race. Tough cars these Elevens.
Second race was horrible. It poured down in the previous Vormula Vee race. Carnage. Rad flagged twice. Still very greasy when we were out. Lapping 10 sec a lap slower and nervous as hell, car twitching all over the place. Not fun. But made it back in one piece.
So, feeling bad that I damaged someone else's car due to my inexperience and red mist. Came away feeling tired and a little down - not the previous euphoria!
Pulled the scuttle off mine tonight. The GRP will glue back together with some minor scarring. The ally will knock back, but will also look a little tired.
Also too close to the noise limit so need to find a better silencer.
Otherwise hopefully get to Brands in two weeks (16th April) for a more controlled race!
Mknight702

Re: Mallory 3rd April. Vroom, Vroom,Ouch!

Post by Mknight702 »

Damn, I didn't realise you were out on Sunday or I would have tried to come and watch.

Sorry to hear of the damage, hope they both fix, but good to hear that the car is quick(er).
sgrant

Re: Mallory 3rd April. Vroom, Vroom,Ouch!

Post by sgrant »

What he said ^

Hope it mends quickly, glad it's going quickly......