Developing the Eleven Register

Everything else Eleven related
techbod
Site Admin

Developing the Eleven Register

Post by techbod »

I'd like to develop the register and website part of the site.

You may/may not have noticed that of the front page of westfield-eleven.org is a link to 'register' which so far has nothing in it. I've ummed and arred about the best way to do the register part of it, and have decided to 'keep it simple'. Its not going to be alot of traffic so if anyone is up for it I'd like to start a register going - all submitted via email. I've thought about php and a mysql backend as means of submitting and keeping the data, but it opens up alot of issues, not least of which is the security aspect due and keeping on top of the various exploits, sql injection issues etc.

So is anyone interested in populating the register part of the site? No chassis numbers or registration plates to be displayed. More a fairly simple set of fields covering year of manufacture, gearbox, wheels and tyres, brakes engine spec, carbs, ignition type, lemans hump or not, colour and anything else that can be thought of. Perhaps a small photo as well?

Anyone up for this? If so I'll start putting together a template for the various fields and see what you think.
sgrant

Re: Developing the Eleven Register

Post by sgrant »

good plan - details emailed.

stephen
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Sure - it would be good to see how many we could track down. Let me know when you've a template and I'll add mine.
Alan FIAT

Post by Alan FIAT »

Hello there.

Yes I would be interested in adding my details. Im not very computer savvy, so nothing to clever for me please.

Alan
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

There is now a link to a Beta form posted in the 'Members area' forum ( you have to sign in to see the members area). Fill in this form and it submits your car details for the register section. So those who wanted to give it a go, now you can!

The first two sets of details for the register are posted up here: http://www.westfield-eleven.org/register.html . Formatting and layout will be tidied up, plus the facility to add a small picture added etc
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

That all seems to work, so I tentatively declare the register part of the site open - any comments welcome please. Feel free to add your details via the members area link
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

BTTT on this subject.

Any-more members like to add car details (and a photo if you have one to hand) here: http://www.westfield-eleven.org/register.html ?

Submission details in the members area. Thanks