Kit Car Show Stoneleigh

Everything else Eleven related
techbod
Site Admin

Kit Car Show Stoneleigh

Post by techbod »

Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd May. Who is going?
Two (might have been three at one point) elevens there last year, can we get more together in one place this year?
Mknight702

Re: Kit Car Show Stoneleigh

Post by Mknight702 »

I'm planning to go. Don't know what day yet and it's dependant on passing the MOT on Friday!
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Don't see why not at this time. Assuming I survive the next race and a the trackday at Rocky on 24th April.
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

MOT passed. Need a new fuel filter regulator and a peep at the brakes but should be ok for Stoneleigh. What day is everyone planning to go, or are we all waiting to see what the weather does?
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

No strong preference. I think, as you suggest, we should see what the weather looks like later in the week.
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Weather forecast for Sunday is currently given as 'Sunny Intervals', bit windy and up to 17'c. So very much like the last couple of days here have been.
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Looking iffy I'm afraid. Did my rear hub bearings today, and found that I had oil soaked brake shoes on the RHS. Replacements ordered but unlikely to arrive before Saturday. However, if there looks to be a good turn out otherwise, I'll clean the shoes and re-assemble as is. After all, I've been racing with them like that for god knows how long. Come to think of it, it did feel a bit squirrely braking for the first hairpin at Rockingham.
Who is going and what day? Always fun wandering around knocking everyone elses cars! And seeing the occasional goodie.
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

Will probably help the braking balance too since they are normally biased to the rear!
sgrant

Post by sgrant »

Looks like I'm a no-show yet again chaps, sorry :( I will definately be at the Silverstone Classic on the Sat (I have my tickets), but Stoneleigh is unlikely for me.

Have fun though and do stop by to admire the new Caterham Formula 1 colour scheme.

http://www.teamlotus.co.uk/media/372782 ... _h_pdf.pdf

stephen
Mknight702

Post by Mknight702 »

The weather forecast looks to be the same for both days. I don't have a peference as I am available both days. Does anyone have any strong preferences for either? We really should let Chaz know sooner rather than later since he wants any Eleven for the display.

Megan has decided that she wants to come with me, Kate and James will probably stay at home as Kate doesn't really want to drive over, so does anyone want to meet up and go in convoy? There is a convoy leaving Northampton at some unearthly hour on Sunday morning if anyone is interested in an early start.