Hello, new forum member here!

Everything else Eleven related
biggles

Hello, new forum member here!

Post by biggles »

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello as I'm new to the forum. I don't have an eleven, but I'm totally in love with the car!!

I'm know of two close to me (I live in south Essex), one of which has been mentioned on the forum (a lovely LHD, BRG example belonging to Chris of the 7 Workshop) and one in Epping that was completed a couple of years or so ago by the wife of the owner after he sadly died part way through the build (haven't seen this one out and about, just in a garage under a cover).

I would some day like to build an eleven but am concerned that if I ordered a kit, by the time I finished it the regs might change to preclude its use on the road, as I'm aware of the current 'situation' regarding the IVA and the eleven's compliance, so what I would like to do is get hold of some bodywork and rebody an existing westfield, caterham or similar, potentially to avoid the IVA.

Anyway, if my approach to eleven ownership runs contra to the ethos of this forum, I will happily return to being a lurker and just sit here drooling over the pictures of your beautiful cars!!

Over to you guys!

Best regards all
biggles
sgrant

Re: Hello, new forum member here!

Post by sgrant »

Hello biggles, and welcome to the forum! All posts and posters are very welcome here......

stephen
adamwilkinson

Post by adamwilkinson »

I've heard about the one in Epping Forrest, the wife asked the organiser of the SRGTC, Cheng Lim - Thunder Road Cars, to finish it off after her husband passed away.
Chris Todd

Post by Chris Todd »

Welcome Biggles, good to have you on board.

Nick Swift of Swiftune also has a car he is completing, the one thing that you can guarantee is it will be quick :mrgreen:
biggles

Post by biggles »

thanks guys, hope i have something to offer with regards piccies of elevens or info, rather than just being in here asking dumb questions!!

cheers all

biggles