front indicators

All things oily!
stricor

front indicators

Post by stricor »

I am looking for the front indicators as seen on some original elevens.
They are small ones which are under the head light covers.
Any one knows what make they are?

Thanks Cor
jonclancy

Re: front indicators

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Cor,

Lucas L516 (google images for pic) I reckon, rather than Lucas L1130 (Morgan torpedo)
stricor

Post by stricor »

Jon,

many thanks!!

Cor
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

I bought mine Lucas L526 style "sidelights" from Vintage Motor Spares vintagemotorspares.com in the UK. Prices were reasonable, and the order was filled and shipped promptly by parcel post. They a have all the original electrical bits, including switches, lights, lenses and connectors.

They also have the flat style Lucas tail light lenses I used on my RHD car. These are more authentic than the "beehive" lenses, and far more attractive.

Note that the L526 lights were actually "running lights" or "sidelights", and not used as turn signals on the original Lotus 11. I have mine wired as the original side lights (running lights" on my RHD car, coming on with the tail lights and instrument lights on the first click of the light switch. On my RHD car, I have them wired as turn signals, as the headlights already have a running light bulb.

I also have an original single rotary switch to control the headlights high and dip beams, as well as the instruments and the tail lights.

All from the nice fellow at Vintage Motor Spares in the UK.