Slightly different, but nice all the same.

Everything else Eleven related
Mknight702

Slightly different, but nice all the same.

Post by Mknight702 »

The Aston DBR has always been a favourite of mine, similar in many ways to the Eleven.

Now Mr Mills of MEV has been busy developing yet another car, this one a DBR replica based upon the MX5, with the possibility to fit different engines including a Jag straight 6 just for the noise!

http://www.mevowners.proboards.com/inde ... 703&page=1
biggles

Re: Slightly different, but nice all the same.

Post by biggles »

As I've been crook for quite a few days now, I've read the greater part of the interweb (!), and that was one of the more interesting bits I saw. However, I'm not sure about the merits of transplanting the mx5 subframes - the chassis looks a bit 'clunky' in those areas to me. While I love the shape, I'm not sure I wouldn't be a little disappointed every time I opened the front or rear to see an obviously grafted in chunk of mazda.

Part of the great attraction to me of the 11 replicas i see here, is that they look as 'right' under the skin as when viewed in their entirety. However, we are talking about apples and pears here, in terms of build budget and kit price, the MEV being priced at about 5k and completable, I would have thought, for about the same cost as the Westy kit currently is.

cheers all
biggles