Midget Rocker Cover Height

All things oily!
jonclancy

Re: Midget Rocker Cover Height

Post by jonclancy »

Just had a look. Thanks for taking the time to post them up, Jan.

Every day is a school day - my rocker covers have a breather-cap, not the plain metal one you do. This will account for a lot of the height!

Malc's, IIRC, has the filler cap moved to the side and dropped. Either solution would work well in my case, but I'm going to try Splat's alloy cover for size first.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

The breather cap works as well. The tube is much lower in the cover. I have another one with the plastic breather cap, and with the tube shortened, it's the same height as the one with the flat cap. It's still lower than the alloy cover, and fits beneath the bonnet.

BTW, the flat cap has a breather hole, too.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

BTW, there is no reason that you need to have a breather cap (the flat cap works fine) if you have a breather brazed into the rocker cover, as well as a front cover breather. A breather where the fuel pump boss is located is also very helpful in keeping the oil in the engine, rather than squirting out the oil cap and rear main scroll.

Installing the shortened tube and flat oil cap will fix your problems, and still allow the use of roller rockers without modification required by the alloy covers.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Folks,

After quite a bit of legwork and contribution from all over (thanks to all), I have solved the problem.

I got one of these from eBay!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50mm-2-Inch-B ... 231c4b500a :D

Nah, I got one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290967669401? ... 1439.l2649

Job done - loads of room. Cost? £6.50 to my door.
Attachments
filler.JPG
filler.JPG (10.97 KiB) Viewed 3345 times