XI on ebay

Everything else Eleven related
Daggers-xi

XI on ebay

Post by Daggers-xi »

Interesting "Lotus 11 Replicar" on eBay. £49995....
bobwhittaker

Re: XI on ebay VTL 715

Post by bobwhittaker »

I visited the Westfield factory sometime around 1986 ( The pre litigation cars were still in production.) From that visit I have photographs
showing VTL 715 and a Le Mans style Eleven 491 LJO, along with a Seven an Elan and a semi derelict Midget in the yard at the rear of the
building. We are now some thirty years on and £5.00 short of £50k for VTL 715. My car, MKB 752 chassis number 123, is of the same era
as VTL, though obviously not of the same historical importance. However unlike VTL it is totaly orginal with no work having been needed
on the Chassis / Body /Trim ( No carpets ).
One does wonder, £££££££££.

N
Splat

Re: XI on ebay

Post by Splat »

I'll add that Jim Bickley originally built my car. It was the fifth of five that he built on behalf of the company in 2005-6 and whilst it was built with all of the "right" bits, the quality was superficial. The first owner hadn't the time/skill to build it himself and ran it hard, but all the same, after four years it required a full rebuild. The engine proved to be a real mishmash of A and A+. The diff and half-shafts were badly worn, as were the kingpins. Your average home builder would have made a much better job of it, without his or her eye on the bottom line.......