No more elevens

Everything else Eleven related
techbod
Site Admin

Re: No more elevens

Post by techbod »

I'll talk to my chaps and see what they think about making some.
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

Was at the NEC Classic Motor Show today. Westfield had a small stand there with just two cars, one 7esque and a nice shiny W11.

Judging by the interest (at least when I was hanging around) the W11 was getting most of the attention, and a number of people seem very keen to talk to Westfield about it.

So if there is that level of interest, I would hazard a guess they will be doing at least another batch at some point.
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

That reminds me I need to get a quote from that acrylic moulding place in Corby....
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Batches of five XI seem to happen on a reasonably regular basis at the moment.

Must be said that the car is NEVER short of attention when out in public - even to non-petrolheads. I parked up on the main road in Chippenham a few months ago and a group of young ladies out for the evening stopped for a good look as I was returning with my curry.
biggles

Post by biggles »

and?....... :D :twisted:

or are you taken already jon? :D :D :D
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Ah mate, I've been married 19 years this Dec!! Sorry to disappoint you... :P
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

NO MORE ELEVENS !!!!!! This Isn't going to happen, I was quoted a "special show price" for one on 16th. Nov at the NEC show.I think they will roll onwards, if only in once a year production runs. Bob Whittaker
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Money talks. I don't know what Westfield's financial situation is like but the opportunity to make good money on a kit you've already paid off years ago must be too good to pass. Even if they have to issue a caveat with respect to the IVA.
As discussed many times before if I were them I'd be putting a lot of R&D effort into an updated Eleven "like" replacement ... of course if they don't want to to it maybe someone else should?
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

What was the "special" price discount, Bob?

Moving forward, an MX-5 based car might be an option for WSC. If I was the boss, I'd certainly look at offering a diffent kit level - like Lotus did.

Club - basic kit, no carpet, lights etc. Supplied in stages with very basic chassis and pontoons completed. Bodywork to fettle yourself.

Sports - full kit with interior and bodywork prefitted.

Le Mans - lightweight panelling (no steel floor etc), bracketing for supercharger, dry sump, race trim kit with single cockpit bodywork.

And then work on getting the race series off the ground!
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

Response to Jon Clancy, "Show Price" was £8.5k including VAT, this from Simon Westwood who was on the stand.

Regards your comments about Club / Sports / Le Mans levels of kit . My car purchased some two years ago as an unbuilt example of the first run,it is chassis 123, would count as being to "Club" spec when I aquired it regards panel fit / finish and trim when compared to the present offerings(Stand the bonnet up off the car with the sun behind it and the gel coat is semi translucent). The panels on the car on the display where to an exceptional standard both fit and gel coat,I will have to paint mine.I am going to keep it at a basic trim level with the original one piece seat back and basic squab cushions (still in good order) as they suit the"Mature fuller figure" better than the individual bucket seats.

I also enquired about the panels / screens for a single seat cockpit and was told the moulds were available and the panels could be reproduced, this again by S.Westwood,no price quoted. Cheers Bob Whittaker