Classics on the Common / Ben did you get my pm?

Everything else Eleven related
biggles

Classics on the Common / Ben did you get my pm?

Post by biggles »

Ben did you get my pm about (I think) that chap I met a couple of years ago at Classics on the Common?

Speaking of which, anyone going? I am unless it is lashing down ( light rain is acceptable!). There are usually Westy and lotus XIs to compare...... It would be nice to have a pint and put a face or two to some names...!
beng4

Re: Classics on the Common / Ben did you get my pm?

Post by beng4 »

Yep i did, message sent....
allymally

Post by allymally »

Hi Classics on the common! where is that then? :?
biggles

Post by biggles »

Hi Malcolm

It's at Harpenden, north of St Albans, South of Luton , July 22. Large charity meet, featured a lot in Classic and Sportscar etc. fabulous range of cars and they try and have only one of everything so there are real rarities there, all mixed together art from the famously sniffy Ferrari owners who are all too grand to mix in, and park together. Not many other shows you will see a lotus 6 special next to a four cam 275GTB next to a Mk1 Cortina!

Starts about 4 until about 8 or 9 if the weather is really warm. Nice pub you can stand outside with a pint and watch all the circa 1000 cars coming and going :D

It's the only show I take time off to guarantee I can go...!
allymally

Post by allymally »

Hi Thanks for the info, I thought it may be the Harpenden do. So How many elevens are meeting up ?
I could trailer mine up to W G City and have a drive over, will have to see, Richards LE is booked in at Slarks on the 21st, so would be tight.
biggles

Post by biggles »

You have to register your car a while in advance, so it gets booked up quite early. In fact, I just checked their website classicsonthecommon.com. And it is full for cars, space still for bikes.....

Lots of info on their website for anyone planning to come over. Do post on here if you are, it would be great to put a face to a few user names and have a pint!

'Richards LE' btw :D :?: one of your projects? Speaking of which, weren't you thinking of racing yours this year?

Regards all
Tim
allymally

Post by allymally »

Thanks again for the info, Its a pity these type of events are not advertised on the forum early, then perhaps more owners would get together!
My eleven is ready to go but I have been concentrating on the Mallock Mk5, which I would take racing in preference, because the Classic clubman's need more cars out especially the early cars. also I have only just got round to renewing my Licence.

Richards eleven, LE. same as my eleven but more user friendly.
All the very best Malc